WebReport Generated WordML document and Blazon Conversion to PDF

Options
Hi.  I've got a webreport generating wordml output to make a dynamic work document.  I can open the file ok with word2007 (I know!) on the server, but cannot work out how to get Blazon to convert it to a pdf.  It just outputs the xml content instead with the otf2dl loader, and the others I've tried won't even load the file.

I've tried it with extensions .doc and .xml.  I have the file set to open with Word (desktop), for both extensions.  If the loader config tool is set to use a loader for the extension, I'm not sure if it uses it or not, but I commented out the xml line in autorecognize text file just in case as it was before the test that would find the wordml test text.

Is this even going to be possible?  It seems a reasonable use case to me:  workflow step creates wordml document dynamically, later there's a publish step.  which is basically the same I'm trying to do.

CS16.2
Blazon 16.2

I notice the release notes don't list office 2007, but the loader config tool seems to reference it for .doc, ..docx etc extensions.  And it's working fine for just the 'normal' 2007 .doc flles.

Any ideas?
thanks.

Comments

• I worked around it by saving and example word document as .docx, extracted the /word/document.xml from it and used that as the basis of a new webreport which output plain text/xml.  I then wrote a new java method to open a template .docx as a file system and replace the document.xml with the webreport output, close the filesystem, then copy the template to a new .docx file.