Webreport returns error on Smart UI

Hi All,

We are on CS 16.2.4 March Update. We have a perspective which has a Shortcut widget pointed to a WR. The user executes the WR by clicking on the shortcut. This webreport otherwise is working fine from classic UI. However, when we run it from Smart UI, it always throws an error "An error occurred executing the webreport." I have verified all the settings in the widget and they seem fine. 

Did anyone face this problem before? Any pointers or resolution is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• What destination does the WebReport have? Do you have a screenshot of the error? Wondering if it's coming from the classic UI WebReport execution or if the error is thrown before it gets to the classic UI redirect.
  • Hi Ian,

The WR has two input parameters - one a business workspace and two a csv file which will be the source of the webreport. I have made the destination of the webreport to create a file with results in the same location from where the source file has been uploaded. Screenshot below. 

• One thing I'd mention is that the executing in background feature doesn't actually work via Rest due to the lack of an equivalent supported mechanism for the request handler. It's possible this might have something to do with the error. If you check the response in the network tab do you get any more error detail? Sometimes the API returns a more specific message that doesn't get surfaced in the UI.
  • Hi Ian, 

From the network, I could find only one thing which shows an error. Screenshot below.

• Is a character that isn't supported by the Tomcat configuration being passed in with the parameters? https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41053653/tomcat-8-is-not-able-to-handle-get-request-with-in-query-parameters
  • Hi Ian, 

From the network, I could find only one thing which shows an error. Screenshot below.

• The parameters are just taking IDs as values and the one of the parameter's names had an '_' before which I removed now. I find the same error still.
  • It looks like something is being passed in that Tomcat doesn't like. Might be worth cross-referencing the characters in the Rest request against the RFCs to see if there is something else being passed in that might be causing the issue. Or if this is easily reproducible it might be worth raising a support ticket.
  • Hi KrishnaTeja,

check for the parameter name(case and spell, although it should not be case sensitive) and type for webreport parameter tab and from where you are calling the webreport. If you have declared type of  workspace id as object id, try to change that type from object id to string or number. The object id parameter have some hidden fields those are getting auto populated when you are selecting the object from borwse option in classic view. 
  • In spite of adding the values to the tomcat server.xml, it doesn't work. But, it doesn't give that error when I select default values for the parameters. Could it be a patch issue?
  • @KrishnaTeja its not getting to CS, so the issue appears to be between the browser and the webserver (tomcat) can you share the complete request that is being sent ?