Can't create node - learning CSIDE via OT online course

I am doing the CSIDE via the OT online subscription. Having a hard time with module 9 - llnode, webnodes and co.
I am following the examples in the course but the node does not show up at all. The example requires the node to be in a folder but does not appear even when in a folder. If I try to force the creation while in the folder, I get an invalid location error. CS16.2.11 

Code (sorry for the length  - multiple files copy/pasted together):
<div>package SUGGESTIONS::SuggestionBox</div><div><br></div><div>public object SuggestionBoxWebNode inherits SUGGESTIONS::SuggestionsWebNode</div><div>	override	Boolean	fDisplayIcon = TRUE</div><div>	override	Boolean	fEnabled = TRUE</div><div>	override	Dynamic	fGIF = "icon_suggestionbox.gif"</div><div>	override	Integer	fSubType = 5001</div><div>	</div><div>	</div><div>	public function Void Setup()</div><div>		.fParentApplTypes = { $TypeFolder }</div><div>		.fParentSubtypes = { $TypeFolder }</div><div>	end</div><div><br></div><div>end</div><div><br></div><div>-----</div><div><br></div><div>package SUGGESTIONS::SuggestionBox</div><div><br></div><div>public object SuggestionBox inherits SUGGESTIONS::SuggestionsLLNode</div><div>	override	Boolean	fEnabled = TRUE</div><div>	override	Boolean	fAliased = TRUE</div><div>	override	List	fApplTypes = {5001}</div><div>	override	Boolean	fAttrInheritance = TRUE</div><div>	override	Boolean	fAttrUsage = TRUE</div><div>	override	Boolean	fAttrValueRequired = TRUE</div><div>	override	Boolean	fAuditable = TRUE</div><div>	override	Boolean	fContainer = TRUE</div><div>	override	Boolean	fGenerationed = FALSE</div><div>	override	String	fName = "Suggestion Box"</div><div>	override	Boolean	fObjectFactory = TRUE</div><div>	override	Boolean	fReservable = FALSE</div><div>	override	Integer	fSubType = 5001</div><div>	override	Boolean	fVersioned = FALSE</div><div>	</div><div>	public function Void Setup()</div><div>		.fApplTypes = { $ApplTypeSuggestion }</div><div>	end</div><div><br></div><div>end</div><div><br></div><div>---</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>package SUGGESTIONS</div><div><br></div><div>/**</div><div>&nbsp;*&nbsp;</div><div>&nbsp;*&nbsp; This is a good place to put documentation about your OSpace.</div><div>&nbsp;*/</div><div>public object SuggestionsRoot</div><div><br></div><div>	public		Object	Globals = SUGGESTIONS::SuggestionsGlobals</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>	/**</div><div>	 *&nbsp; Content Server Startup Code</div><div>	 */</div><div>	public function Void Startup()</div><div>	</div><div>		//</div><div>		// Initialize globals object</div><div>		//</div><div>	</div><div>		</div><div>		Object	globals = $Suggestions = .Globals.Initialize()</div><div>		$ApplTypeSuggestion = 5001</div><div>		</div><div>	</div><div>		//</div><div>		// Initialize objects with __Init methods</div><div>		//</div><div>	</div><div>		$Kernel.OSpaceUtils.InitObjects( globals.f__InitObjs )</div><div>	</div><div>	end</div><div><br></div><div>end</div><div><br></div><div>---</div><div><br></div><div>package SUGGESTIONS</div><div><br></div><div>public object SuggestionsLLNode inherits LLIAPI::LLNode</div><div><br></div><div>end</div><div><br></div><div>----</div><div><br></div><div>package SUGGESTIONS</div><div><br></div><div>public object SuggestionsWebNode inherits WEBNODE::WebNode	</div><div><br></div><div>end</div>

Comments

• Can you provide a link to where you are stuck ? From memory if the LLNode and WebNode is registered in the subsystem you have to enable .fappltypes and .fparentappltypes to the folder subtype . Assuming your node is registered you then are just following nodeallocation methods of Lilapi::LlNode.there are methods we use to quickly test those I am not sure if you have reached that or not .also please say what Cs version and what cside version you are on Most of the times these are starter troubles ... many of us who have gone through the pains might be able to help
  • I tought I had pasted my full code, but guess I did something wrong. Attached is a zip of the code. I do a set .fApplTypes and .fParentApplTypes to $TypeFolder. 

This is from the CSIED course by OpenText. Using CS 16.2.11.

Thanks again.
  • I don't have CSIDE but I had saved in my drive a long time back the class material so I was able to find it. See if you see code differences between what I attach and what you have. My gut feel is you are supposed to run the setup scripts by hand when you are making/learning the module.It is quite possible as an example
    public function Void Setup()
    .fParentApplTypes = { $TypeFolder }
    .fParentSubtypes = { $TypeFolder }
    end

In old builder classes, we would always run them by hand or right-click and run. IN CSIDE one does not need to do that you can actually make it part of the code
    Not sure if this zip file will make you go through everything. Even in CSIDE if you define them and run it while your code is getting built that variable should register
    in the top section which I do not see in your code. Everything in Oscript is about the object and its registration, for example this

$suggestions if you debug in dot notation do that all expand to what you have coded there?

Here is the class stuff I had saved a long time back
    https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/cs.dll/Properties/78109823