Business Workspace API search issues

Options

Utilizing Postman, I am processing the following query

http://betteroffdead/otcs/cs.exe/api/v2/businessworkspaces?where_name=Lambakis 5-11-2XHW&expanded_view=true

and receiving the expected expanded view successful results, however the same query with a different workspace that also exists

http://betteroffdead/otcs/cs.exe/api/v2/businessworkspaces?where_name=Lambakis 4-11-2XHW&expanded_view=true

gives only the below response.

From the Content Server UI just using the standard search I can find either business workspace without issue. I can also find them by doing an attribute search.

Both items were created using the same process, and contain the same categories, I have even collected the search result for the second workspace and passed it back thru the indexing process. Still no results via the API.

Would anyone have any suggestions or thought as to what's happening ?

Results:

{

"links": {

"data": {

"self": {

"body": "",

"content_type": "",

"href": "/api/v2/businessworkspaces?expanded_view=true",

"method": "GET",

"name": ""

}

}

},

"paging": {

"limit": 500,

"page": 1,

"page_total": 1,

"range_max": 0,

"range_min": 0,

"total_count": 0

},

"results": [],

"wksp_info": {

"wksp_type_icon": null,

"wksp_type_icon_content_type": "type_base64_content"

}

}

Comments

• Karen Weir
    Karen Weir E Community Administrator
    Options

Hi @Scott_Wallace ,

Were you able to figure this out, or is this still open for discussion?

• No, it is still an issue. I've opened a ticket on it and haven't really gotten anywhere on it. Support keeps telling me to use the Search API. And I keep pushing back, why doesn't the BWS api work ?

• Hi @Scott_Wallace, Did you find any solution to this? I am facing the same issue...

• At the time I was running 16.2.11 but I can't remember which patch. We were also having an issue with items syncing to CORE. Support asked to run System Center to grab the latest 16.2.11 patches to fix the CORE issue and this resolved both issues. Sorry I can't be more detailed on the patch level.

• Thanks for the answer!