Export SDK to Implement on CS Server

Hi Everyone,

I can't find the guides of this on the Documentation, but once I've build new custom commands, how do I export it to my CS environment?

Which comes to my second request, is there any places where one can do Smart UI Courses/Training?

Comments

• Ferdinand Prantl
    Ferdinand Prantl E Community Moderator
    edited March 24, 2021 #2

Once you have your extension running in the development environment, you need to create a CS module (OScript) to deploy it. Although Smart UI extensions are pure JavaScript, there is no lightweight way to deploy them on CS. If you need a custom REST API, the Smart UI extension is usually deployed by the same CS module. If not, you need an "almost empty " OScript module, only for deployment purposes.

I do not know about detailed document, how to do it. This is a slide from "CSUI SDK Intro.pptx", which can be downloaded from the SDK area:

The output directory "out-module" in the Smart UI project, that you generated by the csui-extension generator, includes a minimal CS module for deployment. However, when I tried to import it to Oclipse as a complete project, it sis not work. I was told to create a new module in Oclipse by the wizard from the scratch and then make the changes one-by-one to get the module deployed properly. Once you deply the module to CS and continue working on the (JavaScript) Smart UI project, you need just to update the "support" directory of the CS module with the content of the output directory "out-release".

You can have a look at 4-0190 Smart View UI Development in Content Server. When you already wrote an extension, it will not be as worth for you as for a "real beginner". The course introduces also tools like Perspective Manager and shows how to configure Smart UI; it is not a concentrated development course exploring every possible Smart UI extension.