Advanced Search in Smart View - is OT Core Content indicative of new features?

Options

Hi OT Product Teams,

With the recent announcement of OpenText Core Content, a click through was provided.

I notice that one section of this click through (https://www.eimdemo.com/ClickTours/corecontent2/index.html#!/screens/448081272) discusses Search and appears to show Advanced Search as available.

Working on assumption that Core Content has its "roots" in Content Server itself, I'm curious to know when we can expect to see this feature in Content Server native? (Or is it present and I'm simply missing a configuration option to enable it?)

Kind regards,

David Henshaw

Comments

• Karen Weir
    Options

Hi @Henshaw_David ,

Smart View search has the option to present search forms. It looks to use the logic of admin-created search forms:

• David Henshaw
    edited November 1, 2022 #3
    Options

@Karen Weir - thanks for the pointer Karen....not quite the same thing though.

The click through slide deck for Core Content has a slide showing following, activated from the search box and selecting "Advanced Search".

i.e.

Then user is presented with.

My question is whether we'll see the equivalent offered in Content Server/Suite/xECM and something equivalent to the Classic View search experience where users aren't just presented with a Search Form, but can add other criteria dynamically to it and for those of us who know advanced search techniques such as LQL the ability to conduct equivalent searches in the Smart View directly.

As of CS 21.2, it seems we're confined to using filters and search forms - which may not meet all user needs/expectations.

• Karen Weir
    Options

Thanks for the clarification. I'll reach out to PM, to find out if there are any planned synergies between these product/app roadmaps.

• Hello @David Henshaw I believe that you have already figure out how to make a "complex advance search". I have recently dig deeper into it and found the way how to replicate classic ui advance search with complex query.

var comlexQuery = "
    ([QLREGION "Attr_534085_5"]="111") & 
    [QLREGION "Attr_534085_7"]="D"))|
    (([QLREGION "OTModifyDate"]  (> 20230227)) & [QLREGION "Attr_534085_7"]="M"))" ;

var context = status.context;
                var searchQueryModel = context.getModel(SearchQueryModelFactory);

params = {
                    lookfor: "allwords",
                    modifier: "relatedto",
                    where: complexQuery,
                };

searchQueryModel.set(params); 

Attr_*** has to be found in admin section but you can combine whatever you wish. :) may be it helpes you or someone else.

• If you are interested in such a component, let me know at jakub.kares@ixtent.com and we can develop this advance search for you :) @David Henshaw

*lets the race begin :)