What happened to the POST link in the developer forums

Options

Hi,

As of today, I seem to be unable to find a post button in the Oscript forum. I wanted to post a new question there (I was able to post there a couple of days ago). On the upside, I finally have a means of applying bookmarks to posts I want to come back to.

-Hugh

Best Answers

• Karen Weir
    Karen Weir E Community Administrator
    #2 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Hugh Ferguson , I reviewed the configuration of the Content Server sections of the community and permissions are set correctly. Your account has not changed either, so perhaps it is the new presentation - the responsive breakpoint is a bit different from the previous version. If you expand the browser, do you see the "post something" button in the upper right?

https://forums.opentext.com/forums/developer/categories/cs-Content-Server-Builder

• Karen Weir
    #3 Answer ✓
    Options

@Hugh Ferguson , we are working on an update to fix the issue you reported.

Current state:

Essentially, the entire right pane disappears to the bottom of the screen when reducing the browser size. This includes the 'post something' button.

Future state:

Later this month, we will add a floating button that will appear at all responsive breakpoints.

date and design subject to change

Answers

• Karen Weir
    #4 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Hugh Ferguson , I reviewed the configuration of the Content Server sections of the community and permissions are set correctly. Your account has not changed either, so perhaps it is the new presentation - the responsive breakpoint is a bit different from the previous version. If you expand the browser, do you see the "post something" button in the upper right?

https://forums.opentext.com/forums/developer/categories/cs-Content-Server-Builder

• When I looked I saw a view link this:

Notice that my avatar is visible in the top right corner. In this view, there are no scroll bars along the bottom:

Notice that my avatar is in the top right corner. Also of note is that there was no scroll bar on the bottom to indicate that there is more to this page. I had to widen my browser before I saw the Post Something link:

So it appears that the Post Something button is there, but it is hidden unless you widen your browser to a wider than usual setting (my browser is normally about 75% screen width - I had to go to 80% before I could see the side bar.

-Hugh

• Karen Weir
    Options

Thank you for the detailed response! I'll report this to the team; it seems we need to adjust the breakpoint and update the UI to clearly show a scroll bar (at least).

• Karen Weir
    #7 Answer ✓
    Options

@Hugh Ferguson , we are working on an update to fix the issue you reported.

Current state:

Essentially, the entire right pane disappears to the bottom of the screen when reducing the browser size. This includes the 'post something' button.

Future state:

Later this month, we will add a floating button that will appear at all responsive breakpoints.

date and design subject to change

• Karen Weir
    Options

The updated "New Post" button is now live! With this design, the option to create a new post remains in all responsive breakpoints. Please mention me if you have any issues or suggestions.