add custom search region

Options

Dear Mates,

Is there is a way I can add a custom search region using the interface.

I have an object with different custom property and that property needs to be indexed and when I hit the search using that new property I should get the results.

Like OTName i need this custom property to be indexed and searchable.

Please advise.

Do we need to do some coding in script to make it work?

Regards,

Meerasaaheb Mohmmad

Comments

• Appu Nair
    edited June 24, 2021 #2
    Options

@Meerasaaheb_Mohmmad If you started developing in the old builder days builder documentation included a section that covered "How to index your custom node" the criterion there was the "custom" was actually a LLNode/WebNode combination. I couldn't find old builder documentation(seems like the "open" in opentext is fast vanishing😁 :) ) or corresponding new documentation let me know so I found an old copy I had sharing it as a zip here

removed link and put OT link https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll?func=ll&objId=17865069&objAction=browse&viewType=1

I might also remove it in case it causes more harm than good.

the reason being when this documentation was released OT Search engine was way back before what we have now so was Oscript so I urge you to do your own research regarding new CSIDE/Oclipse usually Oscript hasn't changed that much so I would assume what was possible in builder days is still possible.

I would also tag search gurus here as well as AFAIK Search is almost a complete blackboxed API to CS there are oscript things but almost everything you do in search is through an API .

I haven't done this ever but I know when you add WF Attributes or Form Attributes you will see remnants or skeletons in code that registers it with the search system.

• Hi Meerasaaheb - assuming you're looking to set up search regions & such in-product: there's a forum specifically for this @ https://forums.opentext.com/forums/support/categories/cs-Search-and-Indexing .

You can do anything you want to via CSIDE / OScript development, however in this case what you want to do is 100% in-product, at least from what I can read here 😉

@siegel: vi is an editor with two modes: one which destroys your input and the other which beeps at you