Admin log-in not working on local Content Server

Options

Hello everyone 😀, I followed a 30 min YT video about installing content server on my PC, I pretty much did everything, I configured IIS, installed Apache Tomcat and OTDS, I have access to OTDS with an admin account, and when I went to http://localhost/otcs/cs.exe?func=admin.index I started configuring the Content Server, I made a Web Admin user, I connected it to an SQL Server database where it made all the required tables, but after that I had to log-in again with the Admin, and it doesn't work, I get one of these errors :

1. Your request contained invalid content. Please contact your System Administrator.
  2. Invalid Settings
  3. Username/Password incorrect

Thing is, I tried the credentials that I first configured, they don't work, I tried with the email I gave, with every other password combination, I tried with the OTDS admin, I changed the password to the OTDS admin, I tried it with that new password, nothing works.. All I know is that the username for my admin is 'Admin', because I found it in the KAUF table in the database, the password is also there but it's encrypted.

I really doubt that I made a spelling mistake twice when I made that first Web Administrator password, other than that, I have no idea what caused this, or how to fix it. Any help?

Thank you! ☺️

Comments

• Karen Weir
    Options

I moved your post to our Content Server area so that you get the right experts to review.

• @Alexandru Ghita

What I say is old info so may not work :)

First, try the easy thing use the magic RH called and I think I replied first time when you had this

if that didn't work I would try this...

Make a backup of your OpenText.ini file safe or the machine or whatever.

Go to the [Security] section of it where you see Authentication=otds change that to Livelink re-start server

Now you will get a login of livelink and not OTDS login as Admin/<initial password> if it has never been set it is bound to be livelink. Now the second thing

the password it asks when you type admin.index is not a DB password it is in the opentext.ini this you have to remember somehow or if you have another system in the same OTHOME like (C:\OpenText) and you remember its password you can replace that password and try most likely it will succeed.

When all is well make a VM backup and connect back to OTDS.Chances are the user otadmin at otds dot admin is mapped to user KUAF and it will work.

BTW if you have forgotten the KUAF user Admin's password totally then same thing can be tried as Livelink seeds the encryption based on OTHOME(so find another kuaf like the same OTHOME and replace it in KUAF)

Developers like us tend to work on the server and the browser on the server.You may want to disable all caching things or use a different browser

• The solution to change the opentext.ini from OTDS to Livelink and login with Admin and default password of livelink worked for me. From there, I was able to modify the Admin password and switch it back to OTDS.

This was using Content Server 22.4 with OTDS 23.2.