LINUX RHEL 7.8

Options

I created a module in Windows 2016/CSIDE that contains one or two RH's a bunch of java code So far good they have been in use for more than a year. We have a potential customer on Linux CS so I tried installing my module.

1. The module did not install from my past knowledge with builder and UNIX I renamed it by module.oll to just module, that is how OT modules also ship so I can install.
  2. I now start going to one of my RH's I get an empty page. Am I supposed to use any utilities to change the windows LF/CF to just unix'sh things when you port to *NIX
  3. We had an old @Hans_Stoop utility called "Convert to Unix or something" in the builder days.

Just asking here rather than me trying to learn to run CSIDE on linux which is going to be slightly tricky.

I will bump up the logs to see if the logs tell me anything

@Dave Carpeneto do you mess with Linux?

Tagged:

Comments

• Once you have installed Tomcat, CS, and Eclipse on Linux. CSIDE in Eclipse looks and feels just like on Windows.

Getting all the required bits on Linux could take a bit of time. I did it on CentOS a few times. I have some notes that I could share with you if you are interested.

• Ray Tsui
    edited January 8, 2022 #3
    Options

A script crash would usually cause a blank page. Was there a trace log?

Was your module loaded (check the thread log)?

• That is awesome @Ray Tsui please share anything from your experiences to appulivelink at gmail dot com or even my personal workspace here

https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/Properties/79499199

01/07/2022 21:24:29 ERROR KFile::Open() - file doesn't exist : /opt/opentext21/administer.html
    01/07/2022 21:24:29 ERROR Error opening administer.html
    01/07/2022 21:24:29 ERROR Error compiling Weblingo: :
    01/07/2022 21:24:29 ERROR {'Error\n?\n[1.0:1.0]'}
    01/07/2022 21:24:29 ERROR KFile::Open() - file doesn't exist : /opt/opentext21/administer.html
    01/07/2022 21:24:29 ERROR ----------------------------------------------------------------- 
    01/07/2022 21:24:29 ERROR 
    01/07/2022 21:24:29 ERROR WebLingo translation error
    01/07/2022 21:24:29 ERROR Source File: administer.html

why is it trying to open my RH at /opt/opentext21--- the right path would be /opt/opentext21/xecmqellus/html/Administer.html or xecmqellus would be sitting at livelinksupport

No traces

• Weblingo files need to have names that are all lowercase. (You can get away without doing this on many Windows systems because it is, typically, not case sensitive.)

You'll want to rename your "Administer.html" file to "administer.html".

-chris

• Appu Nair
    edited January 9, 2022 #6
    Options
    Wow and thanks ( where is the bow emoji)

🙇‍♀️🙇🙇‍♂️
  • Hi Appu,

Extending on Chris' comment re weblingo needing to be lowercase, just a friendly reminder that Tomcat is case sensitive also - i.e. support and help files also need to be referred to with the correct case.

For that reason, our practice is all references to those files in the weblingo is made in lowercase and the file is named same on the filesystem.

PS - if anyone else is reading and knows of a linter for OScript and Weblingo that could help detect proper (expected) case usage .... ?

Regards,

David.

• In addition to *nix having case-sensitive filesystems as mentioned by Chris: you'll want to watch out for the line endings in your WebLingo files. Or at least I've seen issue in the past; not sure if that's a problem of late.

The OLL files files are the same on each deploymrnt (other than the filename suffix missing on *nix).

@siegel: vi is an editor with two modes: one which destroys your input and the other which beeps at you

• Thanks, everyone I did this to get going

• Not sure if this is needed as it started working even before that :)

Good to know - I might be mis-remembering this being an issue in the past 🙂

@siegel: vi is an editor with two modes: one which destroys your input and the other which beeps at you

• I only had issues with the line endings in the module.ini file in the past.

The VI comment: I guess Siegel is an Emacs user.

• The VI comment: I guess Siegel is an Emacs user

Actually he's the author of BBEdit, but the sentiment is very much felt by me as a VI-user of some time. I found emacs too complicated (however most people I know who are Emacs fans are ridiculously smart, so no slight to them 😉)