xECM Business Application Connection test failed for <###>. Could not create the object..

Hi All,

I was configuring new External Business Application for xECM for Salesforce in Content Server. My connection test failed. It says "Could not create object". What log should this spit the error. Error will be logged on the CS side or Salesforce side? I'm new to OTCS &xECM for Salesforce.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks;

Shibu

Comments

• appuq
    edited January 3, 2023 #2

in the CS server application there will be a file traditional in the logging area ,you may have to increase the logging and if you are new to all of this calling oopentext for support may get this all faster. The SalesForce adapter is a java classfile that may show what is going on.

The file usually is called ECMLink.log

Most likely since your URL is https you probably may never have attempted setting the certificate stores etc. correctly it doesn't hurt t check all those SF URLs in a browser from the CS server to see if it can reach there

• Thanks Appu

I reached out CS and got a fix. For anyone who run into this issue follow these steps:

You need to append security token to the salesforce password you provided in External Application configuration. In my case I had to reset my security token. You can get to the reset page from vie profile-->setting.

Upon resetting, append security token to the password and update the change. Go back and do the testing again and it should give you a connection successful message.

• Hey, It seems like you're encountering a common stumbling block when setting up a new External Business Application for xECM for Salesforce in Content Server. The "Could not create object" error typically arises due to configuration issues, whether on the Salesforce side, the Content Server side, or both.

As to where the error would be logged, it depends on the specific nature of the issue. If it's a problem with how Salesforce is communicating with Content Server, then you'd likely see corresponding error messages in Salesforce's logs. On the other hand, if it's an issue with how Content Server is handling the incoming requests from Salesforce, then you'd see error messages in Content Server's logs.

So, I'd recommend checking both sets of logs to get a comprehensive view of what's going wrong. In Salesforce, you can access the logs via the 'Debug Logs' page in the 'Monitor' section of 'Setup'. In Content Server, the log files are usually located in the app server's logs directory.

Remember to verify the Salesforce API versions, check the credentials, and ensure the user has the right permissions and that the network/firewall settings are not blocking the connection.

Hope this helps! 👍️

• Thanks Shuvam! I was able to pass this error after appending security token to the password while doing the Test connection in Content Server. Now I'm struggling on the Salesforce side.. I did all extended ECM Configuration on the Salesforce side and now when running Diagnostic report, I get attached errors. Not sure what's causing the errors. I validated all the URL;s listed in the report and I can hit those URL's correctly.

Thanks;

Shibu

• Hello,

I'm also facing the same issue but with the SAP.
    Is there any solution for SAP is available?

Regards,

Ritikraj Singh

• The same rules apply, Try to look at ECMLink.log that is what the GUI shows. When you make CS and SAP talk to each other there is a traffic light application on the SAP side called Diagnostics that all has to work prior.

• Hey Appu,

Thanks for the providing the solution.

But after making all the necessary changes it's not working, it's not giving any green signal.

Do you have any solution or KBA for the resolution of this particular issue.

• I wouldn't be able to comment because I have no access to look at where the problem happens, but the code inside that test-checking button reaches out to the configured URL to a SAP logical port so usually the problems that happen are that comm is not happening(it may be as simple as a https cert chain which you can bypass by hosting the sap port as non https).Rarely it could result because the ECMlink software is tested by OT to run against certain SAP application servers if it is something that OT is not exoecting it could give up. Usually upping the ECMLink logging tells you that.

Is this a greenfield implementation, have you made sure that the talk from SAP can work as in has the MYSAPSSO2 config based on OTDS been done? Have you put on a Tomcat Server the ECMLink services end point that uses SOAP works These are all things one can check simply without using this integration.

AFAIK SAP to OTCS and OTCS to SAP is very well described with authorizations etc laid out I would cross-check that as a start. If you have OT or SAP support that will be faster as well

SAP talking to OTCS

SAP Talks to OTDS for authorization into CS(This is a setup)

SAP ABAP4 sends SOAP requests to OTCS ECMlink(This is the Tomcat URL that OTCS people set with its config pointing to a CS).You can actually troubleshoot this by using SOAP UI

OTCS talking to SAP

oscript calls the ECMLink java SPI over the configured sap logical port and the technical user for SAP

• Hello Appu,

I'm Getting the below error msg in the OTDS logs.

SAPSSOEXTAuthHandler||Error invoking SAP SSO2Ticket class.java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 0 out of bounds for length 0

But not able to find the any relevant solution of this, Please provide me the solution.

Regards,

Ritikraj Singh

• SAPSSOEXTAuthHandler| that is the java code for MYSAPSSO2 handler. When a CS URL call comes from SAP it hits OTDS with the MYSAPSSO2 cookie.It is decrypted by the pse that SAP puts on the OTDS server and then allowed entry into OTCS. Both OTCS and SAP are named user applications

OT makes deployment of this much easier these days . In its heyday, before OT was provided this one would have to do it the hard way (see my experience circa 2012 https://appukili.wordpress.com/2013/04/16/oh-my-sap/

My guess is that step didn't jive so if the SAP transaction to send it doesn't work ask the basis guys for the instance pse(it will be different for each sap instance) and load it manually on the OTDS server obviously if ritikraj is the user in SAP make sure that same UID exist in OTDS and CS.