custom tree view perspective

Options

Hi,

We have a customer request to show in smart view a tree view of the Enterprise workspace.

The requirment is actually a similar behaviour as in "Enterprise Connect".

The Main features of the tree view is to navigate into documents, and on click, show the content of the ducument in the main window.

Can you please suggest which options are best to handle this request?

My heart tells me that the perspective manager is the starting point. It has lots of features I can embed. but I dont know which feature can be used for the functionality of the tree view.

I couldnt find a discussion on this issue here.

Would appriciate if anyone can give me some guildelines or link to relevant discussions / articles on how to handle this request?

Thanks,

Yaron

Comments

• you may be better using a WebReport widget and then coding it using REST in there as it would be easier than trying to bend SmartUI.

• Hi Greg, Thanks for your response.

I will learn how to use WebReport widget, to try and implement the requirment.

Please tell me if If I undertood your recommndation correctly:

1. Create a webreport as a Widget (Is it different than standart WebReport?)
    2. Inside WR I will create a Rest API application (Using DotNet WebAPI?)

Is this the Developement path you suggested?

To implement a RestAPI app inside the WR, Can I use the NGD functionality (I mean the functionality inside <Opentext Home Folder>\core\module\ngd)?

If there is any example in the KB similar to what we need, I will greatly appricite a reference to it.

Thanks again,

Yaron

• You could do 2 using JavaScript and REST API or you could use a .Net solution leveraging REST or CWS to get the details from OTCS.

For the REST API within a WR you will need to use the RESTCLIENT tag and the REST functions from developer.opentext.com