Retrieve Fax API always returns 204 (No Content), even IN-bound faxes are present in Complete state

Options

We are in the process of investigating of Cloud Fax APIs and we encountered issue with Retrieve Fax API. For some reason, it always returns 204 (No Content), even there are Inbound faxes in the Complete state.

Access token is valid and used in other REST APIs normally. This is only the API, which doesn't work as expected. Please help to resolve this issue.

Screenshots with my IN jobs:

C# code snippet of API call:

Maybe smth is misconfigured in my account. BTW, I normally get email notification with Inbound fax, only RetrieveFax API doesn't see it. Please advise.

Thank you,

Andy

Best Answer

• Akash Venugopal
    Options

The document retrieve API will fetch faxes from dedicated queue. This has to be configured in the user profile. (Get in touch with sales rep for config)

The 204 content is because there might be no faxes in the queue.

Also the email notifications with fax says that the faxes are configured to be delivered in email instead of queue.

Faxes which are in the queue will have the status as "Delivering" instead of "Complete".

Answers

• Akash Venugopal
    Options

The document retrieve API will fetch faxes from dedicated queue. This has to be configured in the user profile. (Get in touch with sales rep for config)

The 204 content is because there might be no faxes in the queue.

Also the email notifications with fax says that the faxes are configured to be delivered in email instead of queue.

Faxes which are in the queue will have the status as "Delivering" instead of "Complete".

• Thank you for this informatiom, Akash. I just emailed this request to your HelpDesk: helpdesk_g@opentext.com

Hopefully, they can address this quickly.

• The support team provided next steps to switch Incoming faxes from email to API. After following them I can normally read incoming fax via API.

1. Go to the Portal
    2. Go to Admin – Click Manage Users – Pick the account you want to use to retrieve the API Call.
    3. Click on the account – Go to pencil – click on preferences.
    4. Click on deliver to alternate address – Copy and paste the following into the alternate address: queued_document_delivery@fax2mail.easylink.com
    5. Then save.  You should be good to go.

Thanks for support. This Q has been fully answered.