DQL query for self "fix"

Are there any DQL queries i can run that check system for issues and attempts to fix or show where the problem lies if it can't fix it?

-thanks

Comments

• Check dm_ConsistencyChecker job.

• @Hicham Bahi thanks, I did but nothing stood out. I'm trying to resolve an issue where i can't access the documentum website for users, but i can access the DA website. It's very strange. It thought there might be a different way via DQL to check if something is wrong.

• I'm not sure that randomly cheking for a potential inconsistency is the best way to troubleshoot your problem.

• Is this Webtop, D2? I guess you should be looking at the application's log, and the browser console, to see if there are any errors there.

Pedro Maia
    Senior Consultant
    OpenText

• @Hicham Bahi right, i looked into evrything and our other IT departments couldn't help me. I'm running out of ideas unfortunatley. Can i provide something here that can pin point the issue?

@Pedro Maia it's Documentum 5.3 unfortunatley. The app log doesn't show that anything is wrong which is very strange. I will check the browser console thanks for the suggestion.

• @Hicham Bahi the only error i could find in the logs was this which was on one of the app servers. But when i checked past logs it has been doing this for a long time, so i don't know if this is really where the issue started.

• @SSOTest That "docbroker request failed" has to be resolved. Check the docbroker log and observe if the service is Up and what is the IP address for it. After that, restart all other Documentum services. Also, check your serve.ini file. Maybe you are using a non static IP for your service or the IP is assigned after the Docbroker service is started (this happens very frequently) if this is the case restart the Docbroker to let it pick the right IP and, after that restart all other services (including the repository).

• @Bozon Hey there, i tried your suggestion and everything checks out, but same type of error's happen in the log. I ran a consistency check and see the errors below. I'm not sure how to resolve it as the r_object_id's can't be found via DQL. Do you think this is related to my issue?

CONSISTENCY_CHECK: Documents

Checking for documents with a dm_sysobject_s entry but no dm_document_s entry
    The elapsed time was: 218 seconds.
    Checking for documents with missing dm_sysobect_s entries
    ERROR CC-0037: Document with r_object_id '0900924a8213f9d9' is missing a corresponding entry in dm_sysobject_s table
    Rows Returned: 1

Checking for documents with missing dmi_object_type entry
    ERROR CC-0038: Document with r_object_id '0900924a8213f9d9' is missing an entry in dmi_object_type table
    The elapsed time was: 731 seconds.
    Rows Returned: 1