Demo Application using OpenText Capture, Content Metadata and Content Storage API Services
Test the OpenText Capture Service using this short tutorial
This is a simple demo showcasing OpenText's Capture, Content Metadata and Content Storage Service APIs on OpenText Developer Cloud.
This project was bootstrapped with Create React App. This was combined with the OpenText IM Services API.
This sample application demonstrates the following capabilities:
- Using Capture Service to convert an image (invoice) into a text searchable pdf.
- Using Content Storage Service to uploading files to the content storage.
- Using Content Metadata Service to create a folder in the Content Storage, and adding metadata to the uploaded file.
Deploying the Application
Click here to launch GitHub
Interacting with the Application
This demo application has 7 steps:
- The first step is to fetch the Access Token from the Developer Cloud using the credentials in the properties.js file.
- Next we upload an image file (invoice) to the Capture staging area and receive a file id from the Capture Service.
- Next we invoke the OCR function of the Capture Service to convert the image into a text searchable pdf. Capture Service returns a new file id.
- Fourth step is to upload the newly created pdf to the Content Storage using the Content Storage Service. This time we receive a file id from the Content Storage Service
- In the fifth step we use the Content Metadata Service to create a folder.
- In the sixth step we use the Content Metadata Service to add metadata to the pdf file.
- Lastly, we are able to download the pdf file from Content Storage using the file metadata id as reference.