Webreports :BREAK function using OScript

Options

Hello All,

I believe this ask goes beyond base functionality, so I have to assume an OScript solution is my best bet. Wondering if anyone has toyed with the idea of a WebReport tag that would prematurely stop execution? Conceptually similar to a BREAK line in an IF/switch statement, only it would 'kill' the executing WebReport. As I understand it, it is not possible to kill a process running on a thread after it has started, but what if the kill command was built into the process?

Here is a hypothetical use-case:

1. We have a Webreport with a LiveReport source that returns x rows of one column.
  2. In between STARTROW/ENDROW, the data in this column is concatenated into a comma-separated list: [LL_REPTAG_!concatList /].
  3. After STARTROW/ENDROW, we enter an IF that checks the length of this list. If the list is empty, run the :BREAK and stop executing.
  4. If the list isn't empty, continue to execute to completion.

I don't want to complicate the hypothetical too much to early, but for my purposes it would also be ideal if the command circumvented the destination settings of the WebReport. For example, if the destination is set to 'Workflow', we don't want to start the workflow if the kill statement runs.

Any info/suggestions you can provide is appreciated.

Regards.