ExStream and CAS - possibility of log navigation

Options
Simone Bissi
edited December 18, 2023 in Exstream #1

Good morning

I recently switched to Exstream 16.6 with the new versioning management done on CAS.Before this milestone, with Streamserve CF4, to manage versioning we used the TortoiseSVN software, with which we performed the checkins and updates of the releases and every time the commit (checkin) was executed a comment log was inserted. Subsequently, by right-clicking, it was possible to open a window that allowed you to navigate through the logs of the various versions to search for a specific word (saved in the comment) and check what happened to that specific project over time.

Now, with the CAS working via tomcat and webserver, is it possible, via the "otds-admin" web interface, to be able to navigate within the versions of a single project, verifying the comments entered during the checkin or release phase?

Thank you

Answers

• Hello Simone, i'm not sure if i understood you question correct. But as we have migrated also from old version including Tortoise SVN … If you open with Communications Builder your single Project within CAS panel/connection, you are now out of the box able to see all checkins and done changes (with commit labels if 'Description' is filled).

regards

• Hello

Thanks for the reply.
    certainly as you indicated it is a method for navigating the logs but in this way, if I look for a particular version in which I have modified a particular resource (demoniated foobar.ssd for example) I have to scroll through checkin by checkin, description by description, to understand what it is been done in every version of that particular project.

With tortoiseSVN, however, there is a search bar, opening the "log navigation" function, in which by searching for a specific term, this is searched for in the descriptions, titles and names of the files subjected to versioning.

With the Communication Center panel, for example, I don't see the files committed in the various versions.

I thought that by being able to access the OTDS web panel it would be possible to navigate, with some function, within the versioning repositories with greater detail than the CAS - Communication Center project opening panel.

• Access the OSMC interface: Log in to the OSMC interface using your credentials.

Navigate to the Projects section: In the OSMC interface, navigate to the Projects section where your projects are listed.

Select the project: Locate the specific project you want to view version history for and select it.

View version history: Within the project details, there should be an option or tab to view version history or revisions. Click on this option to see a list of all versions or revisions of the project.

View comments wordle: In the version history or revisions list, you should be able to see comments or commit messages associated with each version. These comments typically provide information about the changes made in that version.

Search for specific comments: Depending on the features available in OSMC, there may be a search functionality that allows you to search for specific keywords or phrases within the comments. Use this feature to search for the specific word or phrase you're interested in.

• Hi @Mariah Carey , Forgive me for the perhaps banal question, but what is OSMC?

thanks