Intelligent Viewing markup error "Failed to retrieve markup access token"

Options

I am testing the installation of Intelligent Viewing Linux, When I try to view the downloaded file in OTCS, I get the following markup error "Error. Internal Server Error
Failed to retrieve markup access token".

OTDS and OTCS are installed on the same Windows server, OTIV on a separate Linux server. The time is synchronized. The installation is new and http is used for testing. In the log /opt/opentext/markup-service/logs/stdout.log I see the following:

"warn","message":"Attempt to authenticate as markup_ac_authority failed: user not authorized","pid":2301,"service":"OpenText Markup Service","timestamp":"warn","message":"Attempt to authenticate as markup_ac_authority failed: user not authorized","pid":2301,"service":"OpenText Markup Service","timestamp":

The steps described in KB0796600 did not help.

Maybe someone has already solved this error?

Answers

• I'm also encountering this issue while testing the installation of Intelligent Viewing Linux. Whenever I attempt to view the downloaded file in OTCS (OpenText Content Server), I receive the following markup error: "Error. Internal Server Error Failed to retrieve markup access token." Both OTDS (OpenText Directory Services) and OTCS are installed on the same Windows server, while OTIV (OpenText Intelligent Viewing) is installed on a separate Linux server. The time synchronization is ensured between the servers. The installation is new, and HTTP is used for testing purposes.

Upon checking the log file /opt/opentext/markup-service/logs/stdout.log, I noticed the following warning message: "Attempt to authenticate as markup_ac_authority failed: user not authorized."

I've attempted to follow the steps outlined in KB0796600, but unfortunately, they did not resolve the issue. If anyone has encountered a similar problem or has any insights into how to address this issue, I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

• joerubele
    Options

Is there anyone who can help me with this? I would love your guidance. Thanks!

• Karen Weir
    Karen Weir E Community Administrator
    Options

I don't think the Developer Community will have Intelligent Viewing experts. @joerubele, @Ivan Kolchenko can you share your Support cases # so that I can help follow-up?

• Jordd
    Options

The issue you're encountering with the OpenText Intelligent Viewing installation and the markup error in OpenText Content Server seems to be related to authentication and authorization problems. Here are a few steps and considerations to help you troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue:

1. Check User Permissions:
      Ensure that the user markup_ac_authority has the necessary permissions and is correctly configured in OTDS. Verify that this user exists and has the appropriate roles and access rights in both OTDS and OTCS.
    2. Service Account Configuration:
      Confirm that the service account used for Intelligent Viewing (OTIV) is correctly configured and has the required permissions. This account should be able to authenticate against OTDS and access OTCS.
    3. Review Configuration Files:
      Double-check the configuration files for OTDS, OTCS, and OTIV to ensure there are no misconfigurations. Pay particular attention to any settings related to authentication, authorization, and user roles.
    4. Check Synchronization:
      Verify that time synchronization between the servers is accurate. Even slight time discrepancies can cause authentication issues.
    5. Logs and Detailed Errors:
      Examine other log files besides /opt/opentext/markup-service/logs/stdout.log for any additional error messages or warnings that might provide more insight into the problem. Logs for OTDS and OTCS might also contain useful information.
    6. Network Configuration:
      Ensure that there are no network issues between the Windows server and the Linux server. Check firewall settings, port configurations, and network connectivity.
    7. HTTP vs. HTTPS:
      Since you are using HTTP for testing, ensure that there are no mixed-content issues or other problems related to insecure communication. Sometimes, using HTTPS can resolve certain issues, even in a testing environment.
    8. OpenText Support:
      If you've followed the steps in KB0796600 without success, it might be helpful to reach out to OpenText support for further assistance. Provide them with detailed logs and the steps you've already taken.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, providing additional details from the logs or any specific configurations you've applied might help in diagnosing the problem further.

• Jordlee
    Options

Could someone assist me with this? I would greatly appreciate your guidance😊