The image file uploaded via the API is marked as "NOT SPECIFIED".

Sam Wu
Sam Wu Member
edited June 20 in Digital Asset Management #1

Hi All,

Thanks for previous help. I have another issue.
I uploaded the image successfully but it was marked as "NOT SPECIFIED".

Below are the parameters I sent.

--form parent_folder_id="****"
--form manifest={"upload_manifest":{"master_files":[{"files": [{"file_name": "test.jpg","file_type": "image/jpeg"}]}]}}
--form asset_representation={"asset_resource":{"asset":{"metadata":{"metadata_element_list":[]},"security_policy_list":[{"id":10}]}}}
--form import_template_id="****"

Do I need to pass more parameters?

Sam

Tagged:

Answers

• samuel898
    samuel898 Member
    edited July 25 #2

Hello,

Can you please tell me is your issue is solved or not because i am also facing the similar issue so if you got any answer or solution please share it. Official Site

Best regards,
    samuel898

• Conrad Henson
    Conrad Henson E Community Moderator

Hi all,

I'm not sure whether this is the situation in this case, but that "NOT SPECIFIED" label is displayed where there is no actual file component of the asset. This state is called a "metadata-only" asset. You may be able to tell if that is the case by checking in the UI whether the option "Attach Content" is showing. That would indicate that you have successfully created an asset in the DAM using the API but that the file (called "Content" for this purpose) didn't successfully upload and attach to the new asset. As an asset inherits the file's name by default, in the absence of a file the name field is NOT SPECIFIED.

Kind regards,

Conrad Henson

• Three steps to importing an asset into OTMM (working off of memory here, so a bit stale)

1- Create job

2- Upload assets (which is what looks to be done in the above)

3- Initiate job

The job will trigger the creation of the thumbnail etc.. So I'm wondering if you are initiating the job via an api call?

Jeremy Naylor
    Lead Quality Analyst | Engineering / XECM