HP Exstream - any switch to skip a customer with error

rregupathy
edited February 24, 2021 in Exstream #1

Hi,
I have an issue, any suggestion is appreciated.

My input xml have 10 customer, on 5th customer I have missed to close a tag, so I am getting an error and my engine stops. it is not skipping the 5th customer and continuing. is there any way can I skip the 5th customer and proceed to the next customer. Please let me know.

I have tried to reset "SYS_CustInvalidDataLevel" sys variable, but some how I am missing some logic. Attached error msg.

Thank you,
Ram

Comments

• Hello Ram,

I don't think you can bypass faulty xml in an Exstream Engine run. If you are missing an end tag, that basically makes your entire XML file malformed, so the Engine can't really skip to another customer, because it wouldn't be able to find the end tag for the current customer.

"SYS_CustInvalidDataLevel" is used for invalid data mappings, not missing tags.

I would think you need to fix this problem up-stream of Exstream.

Regards,

Steve

Steve Cheal
    Product Manager | Exstream

• Thank you Steve for the reply I really appreciate. Not only missed tag, If there is a bad customer in between a 100 customers, is there a way to skip the bad one?. I will explore more on "SYS_CustInvalidDataLevel".

Thanks again,

Ram

• There's a couple of functions that may help you. In the data area properties, in any data file mapping, you can set 'Action if data not found' - one of the options is 'Missing skip document'. (Actually means skip customer).

Then you can do similar functionality for validation on variable properties basic tab. You can also skip customer in the event of invalid values.

I don't believe you can skip customers based on the presence generally of errors in the engine message file.

Regards,

Steve

Steve Cheal
    Product Manager | Exstream