Override the logic for file upload - How to remove existing commands?

Options

To extend the logic for and override the default file upload behavior, I think we will have to extend and register nodestable.view, as well as inlineform.view and tabletoolbar.view.
I believe there are no extension point directly for fileupload, and the only way to extend the fileupload behavior is to extend the views mentioned.

With this there should be no problem implementing our own fileupload behavior, however there is another problem.
Apart from adding new commands, toolbar entries and widgets, how do we remove existing command, toolbar entries and widgets?

Say if I want to replace the current behavior of the rename command, I think is possible is to extend and register a new rename command.
Once this extension is loaded, there will be two rename commands, one is the original version, the other is mine.
How do we go about removing or hiding the original rename command?

Thanks

Comments

• Dear Victor Foo,

Have you any idea on your question?

We are also need to change the file upload behavior for DRM issue.

BR,

Alvin

• Hello guys. I can provide you some guide to hide commands in nodestable. There is a configuration step by step solution. You need to extend some masks for the widgets. See "yourmodule"-extension.json file. You need to specify the signature of the command you want to hide in blacklist array. Different widgets can have different structure. I also noticed that there are some general mask that , I believe, are applied to all widgets at once, but I did not dig deeply into it...