test api timeout

We are trying to submit faxes to your test system (https://test2messaging.easylink.com/soap/sync). User id: CV/631447427979.

As of yesterday afternoon, the requests to JobSubmit started to time out. Our timeout is set to 60 seconds. The request normally complete within 5 seconds. We increased our timeout to 5 minutes and the requests still struggle to complete.

When they do, we do not get any info back when checking the job status (JobDeliveryStatus).

Is there an issue with your test system? Here are some of the job ids that made it thru, but we don't get a status response.

test2|100732094

test2|1700129691

Please advise why the JobSubmit requests are taking so long and why there's no status info for the above ids.

Comments

• The submit URL does not have any timeout set. What do you get in the Submit Result when it does timeout?

The ISP's the request have to go through may have there own timeouts set, so it could depend on which ones it goes through. No way to control that.

• As I mentioned in my earlier message, the timeout is in our program in case the easylink request takes too long. I removed our timeout and the request to JobSubmit takes more than 5 minutes to complete (sometimes even longer; where I need to kill our process). When I do get a response (from a call that took +5minutes) -- if I check the status of the fax with the job id (see my original message for samples), the response does not return any info for those jobs. I do get info for jobs I sent proir to Monday afternoon.

I tried submit a fax request against your prod system and it's working correctly -- so it's not an issue with our ISP.

Is there an issue with you test system?

• The two systems may not go through the same ISP's during connection. It is not just one ISP.

You chould still get an error message from your code if there was a connection failure.