How to search for community topics in a specific category?

Options
Karen Weir
Karen Weir E Community Administrator

Searching in Developer Community

The Developer Community is organized by "Category". Each Category represents an OpenText Product or Service. You can "follow" Categories to receive notifications, as well as to refine search results to include only "followed" categories.

This post describes how to search for posts within a specific Category.

Notes:

- The search will return all posts in the Developer Community.

- We have a feature request submitted to add a location-based search option to make this easier.

In order to filter your search to target a specific Category (ie. Product or Service), you need to follow these steps:

1. In the Search Result page, click on the Discussions tab
  2. In the panel on the right, click on the Category field
  3. You will be shown all Categories in the Developer Community. Start typing the name of the Category and select it from the list.
  4. Click on Filter
  5. Now, your search results will only show topics added to the Category you chose.

Best Answer

Answers

• Karen Weir
    #3 Answer ✓
    Options

We recently updated the Category listing to simplify the appearance, navigation, and usability of the Developer Community experience.

Please review this post, and let us know if you have any questions or suggestions:

• I am really having difficulties with the 'simplification'.

Maybe I'm not simple enough, but when I try to find something the for instance the 'Exstream/StreamServe' part of the forum or just in the 'OTDS' part, then I have no clue how to do that.

I am trying to play around with the filters, but it never narrows it down to what I am looking for. How can I go to a certain discussion forum and the search in ONLY THAT part?

• Karen Weir
    Options

Thanks for posting @RensDuijsens

The community search defaults to all product categories. In the search results, click on the 'discussions' button, then click in the 'category' field to narrow the product to 'exstream'. The gif shows how to perform these steps.

We have a feature request submitted to allow for product-specific searches, replacing the 'global' default. I will follow-up on progress.