WR RESTClient SSL

Options

Hi Team,

We are trying to call a custom API from WR RESTClient which requires us to pass Certificate file and Key file, but we are getting the following error.

"No Context returned from POST call"

We are able to process the GET or POST without the certificates, are we doing something wrong here, should we pass the paths some other way.

Comments

• Any leads would be helpful

@Greg Griffiths Can you please let me know if you have any suggestions

• I would test this in Postman to ensure the API works and then try the Code version in pure JS from within the WR to confirm it works before trying it with the RESTCLIENT call.

If you are still getting errors I would increase the logging, and use the CS IDE if available, to see what the message returned from the API is.

• @Greg Griffiths , we are able to run and fetch results from curl in the linux server, we tried a simple GET from the same server, we are only not able to run from the RESTClient

• could be the fact that the ResponseData object is null, do you have access to CS IDE to step through what is being done in the code ?

• Is that WR RESTclient calling a CS REST API?

• It is calling external API, not CS

• appuq
    edited June 19, 2023 #8
    Options

no idea I saw an old thread where we all participated the flow looks like WR (is akin to your browser albeit it is done from server side of CS) so what I would do is see if you can look at how CURL or POSTMAN is sending the certificate successfully to the external HTTPS site.

What happens in https is the client typically browser receives the certificate from the public key of the receiver and establishes the handshake.I would echo what @Greg Griffiths said you would bring CSIDE which is the server and see if something more debuggable happens.

if possible I would isolate the WR call to any single server and load all those certificates to your external site under the CS\jre folder place the user says it needs thisis exactly what the WR client code is saying go find it under\opt\blah balh but unix is not very happy about UGO(user group others) so I don't really know if CS RESTCLIENT is treated as other or User when it all resolves….