convert perspective with custom rule

Options

I'm trying to get the conversions done to use the new perspective types but it's being blocked by a certain invalid perspective:

However, when I checked the rules in the Perspective Manager I don't see any rules at all:

Has anyone come across this before?

Comments

• LYMUD.

Depending on version you are on, you (at least) used to be able to define custom rules that could govern whether the perspective was/wasn't applied. As I recall, but can't seem to find, this required the perspective manager to be launched a different way to expose a custom config editor.

I'd used it previously.

The feature was also removed in later releases, though why I do not know!

There are two things you might try.

A) If you launch the perspective manager and add a parameter to the URL (&debug=true), then this gives you a View JSON button at top right). This will show you the JSON config that generates the perspective. The rule might be listed there, but I doubt.

B) More likely, if you open the admin pages and the ActiveView Administration section, find the View All Perspectives option. this will list the rules applied to a perspective.

From there, not sure what you'd do, I can't seem to find an obvious way to edit the expression or remove it!

Regards,

David

• Hey Lymud,

OpenText "reworked" perspectives around CSv21.4 and removed the ability to make Rules about where the Perspective should apply.

For Example, pre CSv21.4 it was possible to make a rule so a Folder inside a BWS would load a Custom Perspective. This was commonly used with Content Intelligence (aka WebReports).

Here is an example rule:

"[LL_REPTAG_SOURCEID WorkspaceTypeId /]" == "1" AND "[LL_REPTAG_SOURCENAME /]" == "My Custom Folder"

However, after CSv21.4 OT removed all the Perspective Rule ability. There are no more rules.
    See attached. You can only make basic rules, like is the BWS the right type. They removed the ability to make anything complex.

The only way you can now get a Custom View on a BWS is to create a Tabs.
    Tabs for win!

I have heard OT Smart UI DEV wants to get rid of the tabs but I sure hope they don't.
    Without the rules ability, tabs is all that is left.

I know a few Customers who are not gonna be happy when they upgrade to CSv21.4 and discover it breaks all their Smart UI stuff.

Regards,
    -MC

• Thanks guys. I may have found a bug here… I checked that expression for that and created a perspective using the perspective manager with the same rule. As you can see the expression is just checking a couple of constants (the same ones in fact).

However when I go back to the Convert page it's still only showing the older one.