Capture Services Doubt

Options
Vishal Vats
edited August 4, 2023 in OpenText Hackathon #1

I am having the following doubts while using the IM services (Capture Services specifically):

a. In the authentication endpoints, which client id has to be used? I tested out the authentication with both of the client ids (public and private) and both of them works. So, is it okay to use anyone or the secret client id is preferred?

b. I have downloaded Core Capture Designer App on my desktop. In there, I have to provide the data centre URL. What should I put in there? The authentication popup asks me - to fill up the details. In the data centre field, I choose Other and in the URL I type in https://na-1-dev.api.opentext.com. I type in my email and password correctly but what should I fill in the Site & Subscription Name? I know that I can see both of them by navigating to https://na-1-dev.api.opentext.com/capture/cp-swc/home.aspx and then tapping on the Profile pic to see both of the options. The initial one is the site name and the below one is the subscription name. Basically "-cap" is appended to the site name to make up the subscription name.

I am aware of the fact that after putting everything (site name also), then the refersh icon against the subscription name has to be pressed and that actually fetches the subscriptions attached to that account. But when I do so, it says Something went wrong, please ensure Capture Designer is up to date.

Why is that happening? I have uploaded the latest version of the software and have entered every credential correctly. How can I access Core Capture Designer?

c. When using CMS and CSS services, can't I actually see the files and folders in my OpenText developer account? Can they be accessed only via the APIs?

d. Can you briefly explain how decision service and CMS should be used?

Please do provide the responses, @Shahid M

Answers

• Shahid M
    Options

Hi @Vishal Vats, both the public and confidential Client ID would work. The difference in the two is in how you use them. Here is a great article that explains this is detail.

https://developer.opentext.com/imservices/developertools/developeradmin/documentation/imauthentication/1

One thing to keep in mind is to make sure that the Cloud App you are using (to which the Client ID belongs) is added to the Tenant you are using. Without this assignment your authentication will be rejected.

The Cloud Apps control access to the APIs, while the Tenant controls access to the data.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks for the reply, sir. I have already gone through the article that you have mentioned. By the way, you only provided the answer to my initial question. Please provide the reply to the capture designer app and the subsequent questions.

Waiting for your reply.

• Shahid M
    Options

Hi @Vishal Vats, to answer your second question, the URL for Core Capture is https://na-1-dev.api.opentext.com/capture. The Site Name corresponds to the Tenant Name.

Please note that Tenant Name is different from Tenant ID (which you use to authenticate for the APIs). You can find the Tenant Name using the following steps:

1. In Admin Center, go to your Tenant (e.g. "Tenant 1")
    2. Select Apps and then the CoreCapture app
    3. Click on the "Link to app" link to open the Core Capture web application
    4. Enter the Tenant Id
    5. When you click Next, the id that is revealed is your Tenant Name.
    6. Plug that into the SiteName field on the Core Capture Designer login screen.

To retrieve the Subscription Name (after you've entered the Site Name), simply click on the refresh icon next to the field.

Lastly, the Email Address and Password are your Tenant Username and Password.

• Thanks for the answer, @Shahid M. So, the subscription site name is the subscription name and now I am able to access Core Designer.

Just a last question, can you answer this:

When using CMS and CSS services, can't I actually see the files and folders in my OpenText developer account? Can they be accessed only via the APIs?

• Shahid M
    Options

Hi @Vishal Vats. you can only retrieve the details on the metadata or files stored in your tenant using the CMS and CSS APIs.

• In the developer account, there is a default subscription for the Capture Service. But how can I access the Risk Guard subscription? @Shahid M

• Shahid M
    Options

Hi @Vishal Vats Risk Guard service is only available via the APIs as part of the IM Services.