InfoArchive Ingest API requires a file as SIP parameter instead of a filepath

Options
Dave Snijders
edited October 24, 2023 in General Questions #1

I am ingesting a SIP package with the use of API's. I am using InfoArchive 23.3 and PostMan.

I use the following url: http://localhost:8765/systemdata/applications/8eceec18-66fc-4e8f-a471-1af077be85e8/aips?ingestDirect=true

In the Body I use formdata te provide the format (sip_zip) and the sip.

The OT Rest API Developer guide ( https://mimage.opentext.com/ot/2/devx/documentation/infoarchive/rest_api_developers_guide_233.pdf

) mentions the following:

To me this seem to indicate that you do not need to provide the SIP package in the body of the request, but you can use a reference (path) to where the SIP package is located. This seems to be a good solution to limit the size of the request that is being sent.

When I try this I get the following error:

When I declare the SIP as a File in the body, the request works fine.

Am I misinterpreting the documentation? Or am I missing something else?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• LazarescuA
    Options

@Dave Snijders - the documentation refers to how CURL is working. the -F parameter of the CURL command specifies the Form data and the @…. specifies from where to pick up the file when it executes. This is why in the description you can see that the file is in the same folder as curl is executed. CURL is a command line utility to send REST calls.

You can use either Direct Ingestion or Batch Ingestion using the REST API of InfoArchive, as described in the documentation. However, in both cases, you need REST calls to upload SIP files. You can split the SIP files into multiple packages and InfoArchive will wait until all packages are received before ingesting them.

You can also use IAShell (InfoArchive Shell) - the command line utility that can do all operations, including ingestion of packages and even creation of Applications based on YAML files. In these YAML files you can reference SIP packages. You can see more details in the IA Examples folder, all examples have YAML files to create the application and ingest the data.

Answers

• Karen Weir
    Options

I will share this internally to get some help @Dave Snijders

• Karen Weir
    Options

@Dave Snijders , this category in the Developer Community is for our Cloud Platform VSCode extensions. We don't have InfoArchive experts moderating in the community at the moment. I will move your questions to 'General', and follow up with colleagues internally.

• LazarescuA
    Options

@Dave Snijders - the documentation refers to how CURL is working. the -F parameter of the CURL command specifies the Form data and the @…. specifies from where to pick up the file when it executes. This is why in the description you can see that the file is in the same folder as curl is executed. CURL is a command line utility to send REST calls.

You can use either Direct Ingestion or Batch Ingestion using the REST API of InfoArchive, as described in the documentation. However, in both cases, you need REST calls to upload SIP files. You can split the SIP files into multiple packages and InfoArchive will wait until all packages are received before ingesting them.

You can also use IAShell (InfoArchive Shell) - the command line utility that can do all operations, including ingestion of packages and even creation of Applications based on YAML files. In these YAML files you can reference SIP packages. You can see more details in the IA Examples folder, all examples have YAML files to create the application and ingest the data.