Manage Secure Database connection

Options

Hi Team,

Someone know where the details like servername, port, password for the database objects stored which are created using the content server UI, Maintain Secure Database Connection, like is it stored in ini or the database table, i was not able to find the values in the ini since it only consists the main db details and not these, if its in table then where can i find this information

Answers

• appuq
    Options

What do you hope to do with this?

• Hi Appu, we would like to check if the password is stored as plain text

• appuq
    Options

So you won't trust OT? OT maintains CS for high-security clearance offices so I wouldn't be too concerned.Looks like you are on a quest to build some trust, please take a look at the Hardening Solutions paper from OT.

• Hi Appu, yes i saw the help notes, its not to do with trust on OT, client wants to double confirm and here they are very particular on security, i thought if i can get a response from forum then no need to raise a ticket, but will raise one to get their confirmation so the client is happy

• appuq
    Options

Ok, understood try that. Reading the security whitepaper is highly recommended:)

• @bharath_partha1

While OT staff do read these forums, and routinely contribute, it should be noted that any advice in this forum is general in nature and it remains responsibility of those asking advice to validate it etc.

I would suggest that if your client wants assurances about any such matter that the most appropriate avenue would for them to discuss directly with their Account Executive if an existing customer, or if this is a prospective sale to the sales team handling it.