OTDS and SQL database - is it needed?

Hello -

I have a quick question regarding OTDS and I'm having a difficult finding any documentation on it.

Last year, we tried upgrading OTDS from version 20.4 but ran into a bug where the upgrade would not work from System Upgrade Center; it was a known issue/bug that has since been fixed by OT. We never got back to the upgrade, and OTDS has stayed at the same version for us. With that issue, we opened a ticket with OT Support and we were told newer versions of OTDS will need database configuration…

This leads us to present day; we are doing a mass upgrade of products across the board in the coming weeks including: OTDS, Content Server, AppWorks, Capture Center, etc. A lot of moving parts that we have to be sure are compatible with one another.

I've been looking at every release note for versions of OTDS past our version (20.4) and I don't see anything about needing a database. Do versions of OTDS past 20.4 need a database configured? We have the resources, but don't want to set something up that isn't needed. If anyone could provide a link with documentation if that IS the case, it would be appreciated. If a database isn't needed… makes our lives a lot easier.

Thanks in advance!

Emil Radisevic

Comments