CS REST API URL

Options

HI

I need to interact with the rest API of CSOT and after looking to the documentation, I found that I need to authenticate first in order to get the token.

My client give me a livelink that takes me directly to CS and I am trying to get the base URL for the authentication, so I used http://livelink.XXXXX.ca/livelink/livelink.exe/api/v1/auth, but IDK if it is the correct URL or not because when I want to authenticate it returns always 401 .

Any help please

Comments

• if you get 401 when this URL is hit then that means your customer has IWA(Integrated Windows Authentication) on that website/application which is a NO-NO for OT REST API

so what do you do?

Request the Livelink administration to create an alternate website and not turn IWA on.For someone who knows Livelink this is a 5 minute task.

You can try Basic authentication by hardcoding a userid:password in BTOA. Note most customers on hearing that Basic auth needs to be setup will get scared of cleartext password in an HTML file and will provide you the right URL.(either they will fix their main website or give you an alternate site :))

other variations like getting token from OTDS and all kinds of other places but the fact is that the rest api will not accept anything other than authentication headers . I don’t think it will ever work if the livelink website is something that throws a 401 which is the standard NtLM/ IWA challenge