POST on BWS results in error

Hi all!

I found an interresting thing. Posting a new BWS with the parameter

{   "bo_id":"84",   "bo_type_id":26,   "ext_system_id":"dummy",   "template_id":"16978932",……

results in an Error:

Error message

{"error": "Cross-application workspace already exists."}

I can delete the node where the bo_id was given. But what to do, when you don`t have the object id of the BWS.

Any ideas ? No not querying the database

Cheers Mc

Comments

• This means that there is already a workspace with the same bo_id, bo_type_id, ext_system_id, template_id, and possibly other parameters.

If you don't have the object ID of the existing workspace, you could try searching for it using other parameters that you know. For example, if you know the template_id, you could try searching for workspaces with that template_id. Once you find the existing workspace, you can either use it instead of creating a new one, or delete it and create a new one with the desired parameters.

If you cannot find the existing workspace using other parameters, then you may need to query the database to retrieve the object ID. However, querying the database should only be done if it is absolutely necessary and if you have the proper permissions to do so like my old project Wilbur Soot.

• Thats an allowed configuration in the XECM Scenario,two workspaces can co exist perhaps you are asking the same workspace when it already exists.What I mean is this error "Cross-application workspace already exists." is something that happens when such a condition exists.

in SOAP the query is actually CreateOrUpdateWorkspaces,in REST it is the duty of the caller to work around the existing object.

• Well i fixed it. Best way is to delete the ObjectID with a REST Call.

In other cases if you have users who are deleting this by hand.. check the trashbin :-)