Using the REST API, Can a fax status update be returned via webhook callback and email.

Our team is looking to get a report sent to the email id if passed in the request payload of the REST API fax request. We expect the webhook callback URL call (Json) and Email (user friendly format) in this scenario. Please let us know if this is not a right understanding of how the reports will work.

For example:

The teams Dev account is configured to call our API for any fax status update.

If we pass a email id in report_destinations, we want the email sent when the final status for fax is available and also a call to our api with the same data. Is this possible?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• rmallya
    rmallya E Member
    #2 Answer ✓

Hi,

This feature is currently not available, please reach out to customer support.

Answers

• rmallya
    rmallya E Member
    edited July 19 #3

Hi GerardZ,

You can provide reports template as "restful_wsda" & give multiple report_destinations :

Example :

"reports": {
    "type": "detail",
    "template" : "restful_wsda",
    "report_destinations": [
    {
    "email": "email_here"
    },
    {
    "url": "url_here"
    }
    ]
    }

Please try this, and check if it meets your requirements.

• GerardZ
    GerardZ Member

Thanks,

I ran a test of:

{
    },
    {
    }
    ]
    }

and received both the email and URL callback report using a test account (the account used does NOT have the callback URL configured as part of the account profile.

However, if I test using an OpenText account configured with the callback URL as part of the account profile, I DO NOT receive the callback, only the email, here is the request used:

{
    }
    ]
    }

I also tried:

{
    },
    {
    }
    ]
    }

using an OpenText account configured with the callback URL as part of the account profile and DID receive the callback.

My question is, is there a reports configuration which will allow the callback URL to be configured as part of the account profile which will also send an email?
    Is it a different "template" payload value?

Please let me know.

• rmallya
    rmallya E Member
    #5 Answer ✓

Hi,

This feature is currently not available, please reach out to customer support.