Documentum Ports

Options

Hi All,
We are working on documentum xcp 2.3 and we have deployed the xcp application on tomcat server other than content server vm .we have already enabled the 1489 port but when we are login to the application it says server communication error . Any other port should be enabled?
Please help

Comments

• wetcat
    wetcat E
    edited July 11, 2019 #2
    Options

Hi,
    You need allow CS Service ports and JMS ports on Firewall too.

MEOW

• Thank you for the reply . We have enabled dock broker port as well as JMS port. still we are getting below error.
    DFC_SESSION_DOCBASE_UNREACHABLE.

• What about repository port (e.g. 1495)?

• wetcat
    wetcat E
    edited July 11, 2019 #5
    Options

you need allow CS Service ports (see etc/services)

MEOW

• We are able to access the docbase via application when we deploying the application in same network. If we deploy in different network we are facing the docbase unreachable error. I guess port all are enabled. Could you please let me know what need I need to check in etc/services?
  • wetcat
    wetcat E
    edited July 12, 2019 #7
    Options

If you can access docbase in same network, engage your network/firewall teams and check if Repository ports not blocked (see etc\services file on Content Server, 2 lines at end of file like: dm_{docbasename} and dm_{docbasename}_s).

MEOW

• Krishnasami
    edited July 12, 2019 #8
    Options
    As you mentioned there is two lines at end of the services file.in same network it is working fine. We wanted to connect from outside of the network. We also tried the tell net command for 1489,9080,1521 Oracle port we are able to access the port from out side of the network. But still we are not able to access the docbase
  • wetcat
    Options

Oracle port not required.
    Work with your network team to expose ports related to two lines at end of the services file outside the network.

MEOW

• Thank you All. After opening service port it worked