SSL certificate

Options

Hi,

I want to know how to enable the ssl certification for IE 11 to access webtop application for content server 6.5 sp3

thanks,
saikiran

Comments

• Are you trying enable SSL between Webtop app server and your user's browser or between CS and webtop app server? If its the former, then its just a matter of adding the cert on your app server, just like you would enable SSL for any other application on your specific app server. If its the latter, I think you need to have licensed Trusted Content Services (TCS) to support SSL encryption between CS and app server.

• we are trying to enable SSL between the webtop app server and the client browser. Till now we have an old certificate which is working fine and it is about to expire so we requested the vendor to provide the new certificate and we replaced the old one with a new certificate then when we log in to the webtop after login it is taking 15 to 20 mins to display the home page. Please help with this.

thanks,
    saikiran

• I think this has to do with the configuration issue with your app server and cert. SSL enablement should be independent of webapp (ie Webtop).

• is any information needed while creating certificates like tomcat version and java version, but they didn't ask us any information.

• Certs are typically tied to domain or server name/IP. I would google to see if your tomcat version (java version should have no impact on this) has specific instructions on how to implement cert.