Corrupt PDF and TIFF file issue with files uploaded to AWS S3 using Documentum

Options

Hello Experts,

I had created a storage through Storage Management (in DA) using AWS S3 URL, Access Key ID, and secret key. Mapped this storage to a custom type and was able to upload and download the files to/from S3 bucket.

I tried file upload for following formats .txt, .pdf, and .tiff and I noticed .pdf and .tiff files are getting corrupted whereas I don't see any issues with .txt files. I noticed the uploaded file and the file on my local machine are of same size.

I did not find any error messages in server.log and acs.log files.

I thought this issue might be with S3 bucket and I directly uploaded above mentioned file formats to S3 using AWS Java SDK. For these files, I'm not seeing any corruption issues.

Any inputs on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

Comments

• How are you uploading this files into the repository? Are you seeing this behavior if you upload pdf and/or tiff files using Documentum Administrator? If you are using REST services, then its probably how you are handling your payload.

• Hello,

I am uploading the files using Documentum Administrator and also used IAPI commands for this purpose. In both the cases, files are getting saved in corrupted form. I am not using REST services in my environment.

Is there any best practices guide around Documentum S3 implementation?

Thanks.

• We are having the same exact issue with some tiff images. DId you find any solution ?.
  • Hi Sreekanth,

Below steps resolved issue in my environment. Please check if they can help you,

1. Due to network configuration, required to encode content before transfer via network layer.
    2. Recommend updating s3.proeprties to enable md5 encode to resolve issue
         use-random-in-filename=true
         enable-md5=true
         enable-v4signing=true
         #when md5 is enabled, the below value(in mb) is used for multipart threshold.
         mds-multipart-threshold=10
    3. Restart CS and JMS server, and issue is resolved

Thanks.