Configuring and consuming IWovServices from ASP.Net appication

Options
Hello all,

We are developing a web application using ASP.Net. It suppose to consume IWovServices and display some user data.

Web services and web application both are installed on different servers.

As IWovServices uses trusted login we are setting our web application to use integrated windows authentication.

var service = new Consumeservice.IWOVServices();
service.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultNetworkCredentials;

We are setting the credentials as I mentioned above. It is always throwing 401- unauthorized error.

Can anybody suggest us what we are missing.

Thanks,
Naresh

Comments

• Naresh,

We are having the same issue. Have you made any progress? I've also tried setting the credentials explicitly.

Wendy
  • I was caught out recently not ensuring my integration (service) account covered the NON-technical settting for Web access first, including:

• The user is enabled for login in primary DBs & Web DB
    • The password is the same for the user in all DBs
    • The preferred DB was set appropriately in both DBs
    • The user is a member of NRTADMIN in DBs (integration scenario)
    • The user is in a Role in the Web DB (to set start page)

Make sure you check these..
  • I was caught out recently not ensuring my integration (service) account covered the NON-technical settting for Web access first, including:

• The user is enabled for login in primary DBs & Web DB
    • The password is the same for the user in all DBs
    • The preferred DB was set appropriately in both DBs
    • The user is a member of NRTADMIN in DBs (integration scenario)
    • The user is in a Role in the Web DB (to set start page)

Make sure you check these..
    Thank you Rob, for adding for things I should check. We had been doing all these things automatically, but there was a few more I was missing.

1. The user making the web service calls has to be a domain user rather than a virtual user. Domain is your "container" in the iManage WorkSite DB Admin.
    newConnection("http://[WorkSiteWebComponentsServer]/worksite", "Negotiate", newNetworkCredential("user", "password", "DOMAIN"));

2. I don't know if it's 100% necessary, but I made sure the web components were installed on a different box than the WorkSite server.

3. On the Worksite server go into the WorkSite Service Manager, click on the WorkSite Server (usually the last one listed), and make sure "Enable Trusted Authentication" is enabled. You do not need to enable impersonation.

• Can anybody suggest us what we are missing.

Thanks,
    Naresh
    Naresh, did you get your problems solved? What was your solution?
  • if your web client and WSW are on different server then you are likely having a double hope authenticaiton issue. Meaning if you application is geting credentials but same are not passed to the WSW server

You have two choices

1. Use BASIC authenticaiton - which will pass the credentials in clear text then you can create a Credential object with your client with user name password from HTTP header

2. Enable Kerberos Authenticaiton in your AD - which works between servers

Thanks
    Sheetal

www.prosperoware.com
    sheetal@prosperoware.com
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs