c# opencmd using DeskSite Menu

Options

Hi,

I'm trying to call a custom Open command by using the SDK.

I did CheckIn and CheckOut which were quite easy as they had dialogs. However, for the Open command which does not have a dialog I'm getting confused. I think I'm missing something basic here.

How do I custom control a command with no UI?

I've read the forum and it seems that I need to create a new OpenCmd in the execute function, alter the contextitem to what I need, call initialize, update and that's it?

Thanks,

N.

Comments

• Apparently I mixed things up.

I was doing event capture with CheckIn and CheckOut and calling original command, while on OpenCmd it appears I need to write a whole new command.

I'de appreciate some help here.

I need to perform some operations on a file after it is out of Worksite and before the user touches it, and same goes before the files goes back in to worksite.

In CheckIn/out commands it is quite easy as I'm doing event capture and can do stuff with the file.

In OpenCmd the whole process doesn't pause between checkout, to opening the document in the application, and when I close the application the document is immediatly CheckedIn.

I would appreciate recommendations on how to handle my needs with OpenCmd.

Regards,

N.

• Not sure that's possible, have you got the SDK and the relivent documenation?
    there is the opencmd.intergration property that when set to "true" will cause the document to be checkd out but not have the applciation launch, you could set this, do what you need then launch the file using shellexecute?

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs