Virage MediaBin 8.0.2 installation problem?

Options
System
System Administrator
The following error occurred during the installation of VMB 8.0.2. Ask for help.

Error log:
Product: MediaBin Server - Error 27555. Error attempting to apply permissions to object 'C: \ MediaBin Server \ MBWebServer \ Staging \ Attachments \'. System error: The parameter is incorrect.
(87)

Installation environment:
- DB: SQL Server 2008

Thanks!

Comments

• Is this fresh installation or upgrade ?
  • Installation of a new server.

Thanks.
  • I saw the same error. I get this for pretty much all of the 8.x installs.

I think the issue is actually with how IIS is configured for Win2008 R2 (the permissions are getting set so the MB server and IIS can both see/change files in the staging and FTP locations). IIS 7.5 now uses an account for the AppPool that is not straight-forward and I think it confuses the installer. I just ignore the error and set the permissions later.

You can either set the AppPool to an account or your choosing or you can assign the AppPool's account. To do the latter, you have to enter the account name manually (it won't show up in the list of accounts). To type the account manually, enter:

IIS AppPool\ (i.e. IIS AppPool\DefaultAppPool)

Here is a URL that has more info on AppPools:
    http://www.iis.net/learn/manage/configuring-security/application-pool-identities

-Matt
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs