MediaBinWebClient8.0.0.0 Installation Problem

Options
System
System Administrator
Hello Dev Users,

I am new to mediabin, and ask for help.

I've succeed in installing Virage MediaBin Asset Server 8.0.1.1. and it was fresh installation. Since I could not find WebClient 8.0.1.1, I tried to install WebClient 8.0.0.0 instead.
But while installing MediaBinWebClient8.0.0.0 (Maybe it is Virage MediaBin Legacy Web Client on Release note), I got error message regarding IIS.

Error message :
ERROR: Getting pointer to IIS Root Container failed.

Installation environment:
Fresh Installation.
- DB: Oracle 10g express
- IIS : IIS 7.5

Actually, I am not sure whether installing MediaBin Legacy Web Client on Window Server 2008 is possible.
I've checked release note, but it was unclear.

Any advice will be helpful for me.
Thanks.

Comments

• Support Team said, from VMB 8.0.1.1 all the legacy clients are deprecated, only RMM (AKA MediaBin 8 client ) is supported. Using WebClient 8.0.1 with VMB Asset Server 8.0.1.1 works, but not supported as Engineering will not provide the QSUs if any needed for webclient related issues.

I'll install MediaBin 8.0.3 instead.
  • Only RMM (MediaBin 8 Client) is officially supported however since there is not the level of permissions and administration management in the web client, they still seem to support the Windows Client. Any troubleshooting with support they will ask to validate still in the Windows client.

I was able to get the legacy web client and Mac client to work on 8.0.1.1, however if anything is broke don't expect support from Autonomy/HP.
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs