How to properly display pagenumbers and total pagenumber ?

Options
observer
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi All,

I've a report with page numbers in the footer. I've used Page n of m from the palette to achieve the same. The pagenumbers are correct but in the PDF output the display is not right. The vertical alignment is not right since the totalpages is slightly raised. Therefore i would rather prefer to use dynamic text where in i can specify something like
"Page " + pageNumber + " of " + totalPage

But i am not very sure as what variables should be used for pageNumber and totalPage. I went through the Eclipse BIRT Report Object Model (ROM) but it was of very little help to me. Knowledgeable guys...kindly help.
Thanx in advance.

Comments

• mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Options
    Hi Observer,

I don't see a way to do it in a dynamic text box, but one thing you can do is you can use a grid in your master page header with 4 columns and 1 row and put "Page" in a text box in the first column, Page Number in the second column, "of" in a text box in the third column, and finally Total Page in the fourth column. You can then clean up the look by defining the width of each column in the column property editor. Also, adding a fifth column to the left side of the grid will allow you to move the Page n of m to the right side of the page.

Regards,

Michael
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb