Chart x-axis grouping?

Options
cypherdj
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi there,

I have a joint data set which contains the following:
userID|taskID|targetDate|dueCategory|userID|username

I can create a table which shows the number of tasks per user and per dueCategory, by defining a grouping on userID and then calculating the task count using a filter on dueCategory (dueCategory is actually a computed integer column based on targetDate and a report date parameter). This produces the correct results.

userName|dueCat1 |dueCat2 |dueCat3 |...
user1 |count(taskID)|count(taskID)|count(taskID)|...
user2 |count(taskID)|count(taskID)|count(taskID)|...

However, when I use the same data set to produce a stacked bar chart, there is no possibility that I know of to filter/group/count the items based on the dueCategory.

Obviously, if I could use the table itself as the data set (ie, in the more Excel sense, that is, using the column headers as x-series labels, and column 1 as the legend), this would be a no-brainer, but it seems if I associate the table as a report item, the data preview contains the underlying data set and any data cells defined in the table, which is not the set of data I can work from.

I'm considering moving to BIRT2.3 and using a data cube that I could tie to both the table and the chart, but I'm not quite sure this would solve my problem or how to implement it in this case,

Any ideas/suggestions welcome,

Kind regards and good weekend,
Cedric

Comments

• cypherdj
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Options
    Problem solved, I thought the grouping had to be done on the parameter binding dialog, but it was in fact beside the category (x) series, in a clearly labelled dialog "edit group and sorting". Doh!