Learning OPEN API

Options
Iam learning OPEN API. I'm wondering if any one could help from where to start with. I had gone throught the OPEN API developers guide. Is there any simple examples where I can start with?

thanks in advance
m

Comments

• m,

I think we're at about the same place in our OPENAPI development. I have actually run the examples that came with the OPENAPI SDK.

How I got it to work:
    1) downloaded the Java SDK from Sun. I'm currently using 1.3.1_05 but newer releases are available at http://java.sun.com/j2se/downloads.html and installed it on my local workstation (Not running TS server)

2) downloaded the OPENAPI SDK from the interwoven and installed it on my local workstation.

3) There are a couple of example directories - I started with "access0". Modified the make.bat (Windows environment) to reflect the correct location for Java, and executed it.

4) Modified the run.bat with the proper username/password/domain (notice the username does NOT include the domain) and also updated the execution statement where "IWAccessService" (near the end of the statement) was replaced with: rmi://ilc2cha-858/IWAccessService where "ilc2cha-858" is the name of the TS 5.5.2 server.

5) executed that run.bat file and got results!

Now to do what I really want to do with the openAPI.
  • Thanks bowker,

You told exactly what I want, This is more than enough for me to start with.

regards
    m
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs