BIRT Dashboard , BIRT Reports and Deployment

Options
amar.sonwani
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hi All, </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am new to BIRT so please pardon me if you think that the questions are too basic. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Our requirement is to have a dashboard. We shortlisted BIRT as it had drag and drop functionality which could help us to Develop the Dashboards quickly.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We found out that the extensive customizations are not available on Dashboards (Please correct me if i am wrong)</p>
<p>eg. - Change color of bars of graph based on values,</p>
<p>- drilldown of all the graphs if i click on any of the graphs.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So we tried to create a rptDesign and display it on JSP as a Embedded item using Birt:viewer</p>
<p> </p>
<p>While using only the rptdesign file, the graphs are not visible and are giving error</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.DesignParserException (code = Error.DesignParserException.FILE_NOT_FOUND, message : The file "/ThemesReportItems31.rptlibrary" is not found.)</pre>
<p>I was not able to locate this file.</p>
<p>I am able to see this item in Report Libraries > Libraries > ThemesReportItems31 but don't know how to copy this to my Web Project where the BIRT runtime is installed. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also i see an error :</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Failed to get connection.SQL error #1:Access denied for user '****'@'****.xx.com' (using password: YES)</pre>
<p>Any help for this error ? The Preview in browser is working fine. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>What should be the correct procedure deploy this report project on tomcat ? </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>What is the procedure to install a .dashboard project on a Production machine ? Pre-requisites ?</p>
<p>Is the Production deployment of Birt Dashboard completely free or does it require a licence ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also is the Birt Reports completely free for commercial purpose ?</p>
<p>I know that BirtReport can be deployed on Tomcat.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance. </p>

Comments