Strange imutable collection report error

Options
rsoliveira
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hi all!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm having this error when running my report... Anyone else seen this before and can give me a clue on what's going on? Thanks in advance!</p>
<p> </p>
<div>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-nocode">
2015-11-24 16:35:48,471 SEVERE [org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine] An error happened while running the report. Cause:
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
at java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection.add(Collections.java:1016)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.toc.TOCBuilder.startEntry(TOCBuilder.java:109)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.toc.TOCBuilder.startGroupEntry(TOCBuilder.java:52)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ReportItemExecutor.startGroupTOCEntry(ReportItemExecutor.java:758)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.TableGroupExecutor.execute(TableGroupExecutor.java:46)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportItemExecutor.execute(WrappedReportItemExecutor.java:45)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.emitter.ReportItemEmitterExecutor.execute(ReportItemEmitterExecutor.java:45)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.dup.SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.execute(SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.java:42)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:63)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChildren(HTMLStackingLM.java:27)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLTableLM.layoutChildren(HTMLTableLM.java:76)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:133)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:68)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout(HTMLPageLM.java:90)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutEngine.layout(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:101)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.ReportDocumentBuilder.build(ReportDocumentBuilder.java:231)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.doRun(RunTask.java:237)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.run(RunTask.java:90)
</pre>
</div>
<p> </p>

Comments

• <p>Finally I found the cause of this problem. Yet the solution is elluding me.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>When I have one or more filters on my report, even if they are in different dataSets, this error happens when I try to access a column of the second filter. If you open and look at my rptdesign you'll notice a filter in dsCliente and a filter in dsContrato. If I comment the second filter I get no error.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>This started to happen when I migrated my webapp from JSF1 to JSF2, using icefaces...</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>I'm still working in a solution. I'm 3 days asleep by now :(</p>
  • rsoliveira
    edited November 27, 2015 #3
    Options
    <p>I FOUND THE **** PROBLEM!!!!!</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>The problem is the Value1 of the filters!!!</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>The first Dataset in the first filter:</p>
    <pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-">
    <oda-data-set extensionID="org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JdbcSelectDataSet" name="dsCliente" id="8">
    <list-property name="filter">
    <structure>
    <property name="operator">eq</property>
    <expression name="expr">var retorno=null;
    if (params["clienteId"].value==null){
    retorno = row["CLI_ID"];
    }else{
    retorno = row["CLI_ID"] *-1; // para ficar diferente e bloquear a linha no retorno da query
    var clientes= new Array();

clientes = params["clienteId"].value.split("| ",100);

for(i=0; i&lt;clientes.length ; i++)
    {
    if (clientes[i] ==row["CLI_ID"])
    {
    retorno = row["CLI_ID"]; //deixo igual para permitir que a linha faça parte do retorno da query
    }
    }
    }
    retorno;</expression>
    <simple-property-list name="value1">
    <value>row["CLI_ID"]</value>
    </simple-property-list>
    </structure>
    </list-property>
    </pre>
    <p>And the second Dataset in the second filter:</p>
    <pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-">
    <oda-data-set extensionID="org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JdbcSelectDataSet" name="dsContrato" id="6138">
    <list-property name="filter">
    <structure>
    <property name="operator">eq</property>
    <expression name="expr">var retorno=null;
    if (params["clienteId"].value==null){
    retorno = row["CLI_ID"];
    }else{
    retorno = row["CLI_ID"] *-1; // para ficar diferente e bloquear a linha no retorno da query
    var clientes= new Array();

clientes = params["clienteId"].value.split("| ",100);

for(i=0; i&lt;clientes.length ; i++)
    {
    if (clientes[i] ==row["CLI_ID"])
    {
    retorno = row["CLI_ID"]; //deixo igual para permitir que a linha faça parte do retorno da query
    }
    }
    }
    retorno;</expression>
    <simple-property-list name="value1">
    <value>row["CLI_ID"]</value>
    </simple-property-list>
    </structure>
    </list-property>
    </pre>
    <p>That's what causes the problem. Somehow Birt goes nuts when we have 2 filters, even if they are in different datasets. Apparently he thinks that the value1 is the same across all the Datasets, and when I try to use the value1 of the second filter it gives the error that I'm trying to modify an immutable list by adding another value.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>If I change the second value1 for example to value1_REMOVE it works perfectly in my webapp, but it does not work in BIRT report designer anymore...</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>So, did anyone come across this problem and knows a way to fix this? As I stated this started after I migrated from JSF1 to JSF2 with icefaces.</p>
  • <p>I'm moving this post to the BIRT Runtime forum for more exposure there.</p>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb