connection profile path issue - OdaConnProfileStorePath

Options
manu2ka
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi,

Been struggling with simple problem from long time, tried Google it but none of the solutions worked.
Can some one help me what I am doing wrong

I have created connection profile using the Export Connection Profiles from Data Source Explorer and stored in myconnectionprofile.dat.
Now i want to use this connection profile in my report. When I give the complete path in

<property name="OdaConnProfileStorePath">/root/config/myconnectionprofile.dat</property> it works fine. But I dont want to do this as if i want
to change the location of connection profile to some other place i dont want to modify in 100+ reports. I just want to modify in one place.
One of the solutions from the google search which i found says get the birt viewer resource path which is configured in web.xml and append it to the profile name.
But I dont know why this does not work for me.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<report xmlns="http://www.eclipse.org/birt/2005/design&quot; version="3.2.15" id="1">
<data-sources>
<oda-data-source extensionID="org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc" name="Test - Mysql" id="241">
<text-property name="displayName">Test - Mysql</text-property>
<property name="OdaConnProfileName">myconn-mysql</property>
<property name="OdaConnProfileStorePath">reportContext.getAppContext().get("birt.viewer.resource.path")+"/myconnectionprofile.dat"</property>
</oda-data-source>
</data-sources>
</report>

Please some on tell me what am I doing worng here. I tryied to print the reportContext.getAppContext().get("birt.viewer.resource.path") in a text field using
<value-of>reportContext.getAppContext().get("birt.viewer.resource.path")</value-of> , its printing fine.

Some point me where iam going wrong.

Thanks
Man

Comments

• manu2ka
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Options
    Can someone correct me out what iam doing wrong.

Thanks
    Man
  • manu2ka
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Options
    Urgent.. !!! can some one help me out

Thanks
    Man..
  • <p>Hi have you resolved this solution? I am stucked with this problem.Please help me</p>