dm_change_password.local hangs

Options
katarinadp
edited April 23, 2010 in Documentum #1
Hello,

we have a problem on our new installed content server version 6.5 SP2.
The dm_change_password.local executable hangs while trying to change the password for a unix user.

It hangs within DA 6.5 SP2 and using directly dm_change_password.local on the commandline.

The rights on dm_change_password.local should be ok:
dm_change_password.local  rwsr-s---  root  dctm.

Can you provide us help on this topic. We are currently in the migration process from 5.3 sp2 to 6.5 sp2.

Thanks & Best Regards
Katarina

Comments

• Brackenier
    edited April 23, 2010 #2
    Options

Alternative to change db password in Documentum:

Follow these steps to change the Repository owner password in Documentum Content Server

1. Stop the Repository, if running
    2. Go to $DM_HOME/dba/config/<repository name>/
    3. Create a copy of the file with name dbpasswd.txt
    4. In the DB change the password of Repository Owner
    5. Edit the dbpasswd.txt( The file backed up in Step 3) and replace the new password as plain text
    6. Save dbpasswd.txt
    7. Go to $DM_HOME/bin run the following
    8. dm_encrypt_password -docbase <docbase name> -rdbms -encrypt <database password>
    9. Restart the Repository
  • RalfKahrl
    edited April 23, 2010 #3
    Options

Hi Katharina,

I had the same issue with dm_change_password.local on Solaris which was initialy caused by a Solaris-Patch which changed the fundamental behaviour of password changes in the OS.

I opened a ticket with Documentum Support and thanks to their assitance they created a fix for me. I suggest you open a support ticket and ask for this fix. I don't know if it also applies to other Unix-Systems but this should be the best way to solve your issue.

Best regards,

Ralf