DQL-docabsic help

Options
athati
edited May 11, 2012 in Documentum #1

Hi,

I have a working DQL:

select group_name from dm_group where any i_all_users_names = 'forecasting' and group_name like 'fotl_%'

I am getting result with the above DQL.

I need to insert a string variable (ECRLastPerf) for hard coded value 'forecasting'.

I did the following:

query_str3 = "select group_name from dm_group where any i_all_users_names = '" & ECRLastPerf & "' and group_name like 'fotl_%'"

Do you think it is correct? I am not getting result.

Can any expert in docbasic/DQL help me? How can I debug it in docbasic script dm_event_sender.ebs? Can I trace? How? Which log I have to look into? docbase log or server.log? I do not see any logging info in either about my method.

Please share your knowledge and experiences for figuring this out.

Thanks.

ta

Tagged:

Best Answer

• kcrkarthik
    edited May 10, 2012 #2 Answer ✓
    Options

alternatively try this query (replace & with +):

query_str3 = "select group_name from dm_group where any i_all_users_names = '" + ECRLastPerf + "' and group_name like 'fotl_%'"

to troubleshoot this, create a separate ebs script that connects to the repository and runs this query. Check if that ebs script is working and then incorporate the changes in the dm_event_sender.ebs.

you will have to look into the docbase log as this is a dmbasic script execution.

-karthik

Answers

• kcrkarthik
    edited May 10, 2012 #3 Answer ✓
    Options

alternatively try this query (replace & with +):

query_str3 = "select group_name from dm_group where any i_all_users_names = '" + ECRLastPerf + "' and group_name like 'fotl_%'"

to troubleshoot this, create a separate ebs script that connects to the repository and runs this query. Check if that ebs script is working and then incorporate the changes in the dm_event_sender.ebs.

you will have to look into the docbase log as this is a dmbasic script execution.

-karthik

• yamangoyal
    edited May 11, 2012 #4
    Options

query_str3 = "select group_name from dm_group where any i_all_users_names = '"+ECRLastPerf +"' and group_name like 'fotl_%'"

• bacham2
    edited May 11, 2012 #5
    Options

Using ampersand is perfectly ok in docbasic. It's actually better than using the + sign.

Just issue print statements to debug and run it directly on the command line using the dmbasic interpreter (on Content Server box).