History Creation in xCP 2.1

Options
DCTM_Krish
edited July 22, 2015 in Documentum #1

Requirement

Business Object: Profile

For each attribute value changes of Profile Business object , history data will be created in Docbase and those will be populated in

"Update Profile" Business Object UI resultset.

For example: HOA Name and Phone No changed by User then below two rows will be created for History table (Business Object)

TranDate     Table                Old                     New                     Comments

<Date>        HOA Name        <Old Value>       <New Value>        <Comments for changes>

<Date>        Phone No           <Old Value>       <New Value>       <Comments for changes>

How we can achieve this functionalities. For your infor we have a BAP server installed. So Historical query can be used but not sure how we can do it.

Looking for design approach.

Thanks and Regards,

Krishnendu

Comments

• nking
    nking E
    edited July 22, 2015 #2
    Options

I'm not sure how you can track individual attribute changes like this OOTB.  I don't think even the standard Documentum audit records them individually.  In addition, recording every individual attribute change will result is a huge history database.  The only approach I can think of would be to use an external database to record the history, and using the 'Updated' business event, fire a stateless process to work out the changes and create the history.

Have you looked into using the standard OOTB Documentum audit though?  Wouldn't the customer accept the way it stores history?