WorkSite / MediaBin / Sharepoint integration?

Options
kissiffer4
edited July 15, 2021 in TeamSite #1
Hi,

I am in some urgent need of advice.

Forgive me if this is a daft question (I am new to the Interwoven world), but is it possible to integrate WorkSite, MediaBin and Sharepoint? Would you need to integrate the 3 products or are they mutually exclusive? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Specifically, I would like to do the following:

a) Provide clients with web access to their documents - checking in/out etc.
b) Add Interwoven functionality to the current intranet web site - specifically give admin users the tools to modify web content - create folders, documents etc.
c) Integrate Interwoven with Sharepoint.

Is the MediaBin product a completely seperate entity to the WorkSite product or do the two work together?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Comments

• I know that IWOV has WorkSite and MediaBin on somewhat of a collision course in their roadmap. I understand that in future versions of WSMP there will be lightweight integration of MB (I guess maybe some "move document from WSMP to MB" functionality). I'm not sure of the extent, however. My guess is that any integration between the two, if you do it now, will be completely custom (read: $$$).

Our company is still struggling to differentiate SharePoint and WSMP. They both have pretty much the same functionality, except that WSMP is stronger in the document management and workflow (w/WorkRoute). However, with SharePoint v3 coming out, I'm not sure WSMP's edge will last.
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs