Admin UI - login Problem

Options
Hi All,

After installing open deploy , I am not able to login to Admin UI.

http://localhost:8081/iw/opendeploy/login?done_page=/iw/opendeploy/main

It's throws an error:

Failed to authenticate user.Invalid input. Username is missing domain and/or user ID .

Bootstrap user :Administrator
OD Version : 6.2.1

Please help me.

Thanks,
Madhu

Comments

• Are you entering domain\username in your username / user id field?
  • If i user Domain name it give the below error:

Error: user \Administrator does not have role od-admin .

If i don't use the domain name the the error is:

Failed to authenticate user.Invalid input. Username is missing domain and/or user ID
  • use iwodauthorize to add user
  • Ok with the domain -- it says that you don't have the role that you are trying to login with.

Do you have the bootstrap username / password? Try logging in with that and see what you get. Once that is done, validate any other username that you want others to login with.
  • Hi,

Yes I have the bootstrap user details, i am trying to login using bootstrap user only.

I tried to add the user it says :

** ERROR: Failed performing OD security function.

Sorry i forgot one thing , OD is installed on VMware.
    Any Idea why it's not working?

Thanks for help
  • Hi,

Yes I have the bootstrap user details, i am trying to login using bootstrap user only.

Thanks for help
    Are you logging in as "Administrator" or as "SERVERNAME\Administrator"?
    Was the Bootstrap Administrator configured as "Administrator", "SERVERNAME\Administrator" or "SERVERNAME\\Administrator"?

I believe that you want the latter in both cases - and if you make the change to the deploy.cfg you may need to restart both the OD and Admin Server services before it will take effect.
  • Hi Ghoti,

I tried logging with both options.
    "Administrator" and "SERVERNAME\Administrator"

The Bootstrap Administrator configured as
    "SERVERNAME\\Administrator"
  • Hi Ghoti,

I tried logging with both options.
    "Administrator" and "SERVERNAME\Administrator"

The Bootstrap Administrator configured as
    "SERVERNAME\\Administrator"
    If the Bootstrap administrator is configured as SERVERNAME\\Administrator you should be able to login to the OD Admin GUI as SERVERNAME\Administrator - if you can't, perhaps someone changed the Administrator password?

You could try reconfiguring the deploy.cfg file so that the Bootstrap Administrator is your domain\\userid - then stop/start the OD and OD Admin services, and then try to login as domain\userid.
  • Hi Ghoti,

The Administrator password is not changed, I am using the same user details to login to Teamsite.

It's a new installation , trying to set up Teamsite and OpenDeploy on the server.

I will try reconfiguring deploy.cfg and restarted the services , still not working.

Do I need to check for any other stuff , since it's configured on VMware.
  • Hi Ghoti,

The Administrator password is not changed, I am using the same user details to login to Teamsite.

It's a new installation , trying to set up Teamsite and OpenDeploy on the server.

I will try reconfiguring deploy.cfg and restarted the services , still not working.

Do I need to check for any other stuff , since it's configured on VMware.
    You need to look through the log files - If you can login to TS with that password for Administrator, then you should be able to do so within the OD Admin GUI too.
  • Hi,

Thanks for help
    Can you try to use the clt (iwodauthorize) specifying just the user name instead of hostname/username
  • Can you try to use the clt (iwodauthorize) specifying just the user name instead of hostname/username
    If it is a Windows installation - you could do both "username" and "domain\username" - but only the latter is actually tied to the domain userid (i.e.: OD Admin will gladly create authorizations for pretty much any userid it is given, but CSF will only allow "real" userids to be authenticated) - ergo: "domain\userid" is the correct usage.
  • Hi Ghoti,
    I checked the log file.
    I got this error message:

Got back version info:
    major num: 1, minor num 1, patch num 0, auxInfo: CSF Access Service Version
    ODAccessSvcUserSession.authenticate getCSContextwith parms::
    serviceName localservice, fullName dbserver\Administrator, appData iwodrole=od-admin, password, , locale en_US, appContext OpenDeployAdminServer, server DBSERVER, lifeTimeI 86400000

Returned from getCSContext()
    Got back context:
    locale: en_US, sessionString:: OpenDeployAdminServer, sessionString:: , server: DBSERVER
    OpenDeploy server host: DBSERVER, RMI registry port: 9173
    ** Message: Connection refused to host: DBSERVER; nested exception is:

Any idea . I checked port 9173 is also opened.
  • As I am not having this problem, and don't recall having it in the past, and don't see too many other folks chiming in here - I'd suggest you contact Support.

If/when you get a resolution, post a follow-up on this thread.
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs